Friday, January 06, 2006

Allowing Openness

Intellectual openness is not knowing (yet still seeking).
Emotional openness is not minding, not caring (without giving up).
Physical openness is freedom and space in the joints.
In any case, openness cannot be manufactured; it is manifest in reality through the practice of allowing.

Then the proof of the pudding is in the way a person accepts and uses himself. In the case of a buddha, evidently, it is with good cheer and a certain economy of effort.

3 Comments:

Blogger MikeDoe said...

Mike,

thank you for removing my previous recent posting. That was I think the right thing to do and I think it was right that you not I did it.

From my own blog you will easily see my grasp of the Dharma.

Now, I choose my words carefully here:

At some point in the future I think it might be appropriate if I where to become a student of yours.

However, that point is not today and that day might not arise.
Before that can happen I am certain in myself that I have some growing into the dharma to do.

At some point between the two of us is a middle ground. At the point of meeting is where such a relationship might begin.

Friday, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Michael Tait said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Michael Tait said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home